Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tricks









With Abigail we stayed home most of her Induction (1st treatment phase of Leukemia). Her numbers made her susceptible to all kinds of illness and infection that month. Natasha has been different. While equally sick and grumpy, she has had great numbers. As parents we have learned that our girls need time outside of the house to keep them sane. Our trick in October was to find ways and places to keep them happy. Halloween offered us some great outlets for them. We attended a party at church and a party through the Make-a-Wish organization. Both were so nice because we there were activities for all of our 7 kids. The favorite activity by far was decorating and eating cupcakes. The funny part is that Natasha cried and whined through both events, but then screamed when we pulled into the driveway. She wants to be home least of all. At least our little princesses had a chance to get out and enjoy the holiday.

3 comments:

  1. I think I've mentioned this before... but just in case... I hope you've joined HopeKids! If not, visit hopekids.org (in your spare time - haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    I am so sad to see that Natasha has leukemia as well. I don't know what to say. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I spotted your beautiful girls in my kid's preschool class on Wednesday. I have twins, one has special needs. I can't wait to read more about your story, I hear you are quite the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete