Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gone













It took about a week and a half, but Natasha's hair is now pretty much gone. I think it was actually harder for us to shave her hair than Abigail's because she looooooved to play with it. Her hair was a huge comfort to her. If you doubt that, just look at the photos.




Having gone through this before I thought the shock of seeing her bald and moon faced from the steroids would be gone. Funny that it's not. It is just as hard to see her go through this as it was for Abigail. The difference this time is that I am educated. I know what I can reasonably expect and I understand now everything the doctors tell me even if I am sleep-deprived. It's remarkable what a difference education and experience make emotionally. Just today I spotted the start of thrush in the back of Natasha's throat when she was crying. Her meds are just waiting to be picked up at the pharmacy. Abigail had thrush for days before we recognized it. How grateful I am for Tasha's sake that Abigail was such a good pioneer.


No comments:

Post a Comment